Proud Mama of Lil Lady

Proud Mama of Lil Lady
Proud of my preemie peanut

Proud Mama of Lil Man

Proud Mama of Lil Man
Love my lil man

Friday, February 13, 2009

It's Official!!!

OK, I have been quiet lately, but for good reason (and if you know me, that is a rare occurrence). I have wanted to post a teaser message or let the secret slip, but have sat on my hands and fought not to let the news out too soon. (Though, I did send one tweet saying, "I got some fantastic news today." That was all I let slip out in the twitterverse and cyberspace. I was proud of myself.)

So, if you have not guessed, I am expecting my second!!! We are very excited!! I officially found out on Christmas Eve when I was sick with a sinus infection and on some pretty strong drugs. I felt like something was different and did what anyone would do and bought three preg tests! :) (I swear, that business must make $$ hand over fist. I don't know anyone who has just purchased one test. It seems like you always purchase at least two just to be sure that the magical sticks are telling the truth!)

Back to the story... it was very early, so I got a dulled positive. I decided to take measures into my own hands (as I mentioned earlier, I don't trust the sticks) and got into my doc. I fibbed to my hubby, saying that I thought I needed more medicine to vanquish the sinus infection and off I went. Well, the news was confirmed - a big positive!! What an amazing gift!!! The best Christmas gift I would likely ever receive.

As this was Christmas Eve, I needed to think fast to determine how was I going to tell the father-to-be as well as family. (OK, I would normally NEVER share the news so quickly. The first time we waited 13-14 weeks just to be extra safe. However, with it being Christmas time and knowing this would make for the best gift to family, we had to share the news.)

With my first, we took a more elaborate approach. We took a Christmas card, with me and my hubby pictured in Barcelona and wrote something like this (taking a page out of the Mastercard commercial playbook): Time off - fantastic; Vacation in Barcelona - unbelievable, three of us in this photo - priceless. While it was funny to see our families looking for our doxie dog, they thought he was number three, they slowly put the facts together.

So, for number two, knowing I needed to act fast. I purchased a bear ornament, stating, "Baby's 1st Christmas" on it. (Hey, on short notice and not trying to draw out suspicions from my hubby, I darted to the closest CVS - had to think fast and beggers could not be choosers.) I snuck away when I arrived home and wrapped it as fast as possible.

You see, I really wanted to give the gift to my hubby to not only share the news, but also to help him replan his birthday plans for the days after Christmas. You see, we were planning to stay overnight downtown (little man would hang out with his grandparents) and we were going to go on a wine bar extravaganza tasting! Now, plans had to change. So, I gave the gift to my hubby and once he opened it .. he looked at it, not really knowing what it was or what it meant at first. After a few seconds, he put the pieces together. He was surprised, a little shocked and excited. We both agreed that it was the best Christmas gift ever.

So, I am pleased to share with my "momsplayroom" friends, the news. We are due in September and can't wait to give little man a sibling!!

I hope your holidays brought you the same joy and cheer - and maybe a little unexpected, positive surprise.

1 comment:

Steff Childs said...

What a cute way to tell your family about Ethan and then your husband about the new baby. Congrats!!!