Proud Mama of Lil Lady

Proud Mama of Lil Lady
Proud of my preemie peanut

Proud Mama of Lil Man

Proud Mama of Lil Man
Love my lil man

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Big Brother's First Comments on New Lil Sister

It has been quite a journey over the past months. Lots of ups, downs, and worries. However, I am very happy that our lil lady is now home!!!! And with her homecoming, I have wondered how big brother would feel about her arrival. He has been fantastic!!! Following are some of my favorite pre-school sayings that lil man has said about his new baby sister...

- "She came out." Throughout the pregnancy, we have been talking with lil man about his baby sister and about being a big brother. Not knowing what would be absorbed or how it would all be interpreted, we did our best to get him ready. We explained that one day, his lil sister would come out of mommy's belly and would come home. When we shared the first photos of baby sister, my inlaws who were watching my son, shared the news with him. The first thing he said was that "she came out!"

- "She's ok." Lil lady was born at 34 weeks, so she spent her first week and a half in the NICU. I was so excited to introduce lil man to his new baby sister. He did a great job of washing up and when he saw her he smiled from ear to ear. It was a sight that I will never forget. When I asked him what he thought of his new lil sister, he said that she was "ok."

- "Here you go sweetie." It always amazes me to see what commonly used words and phrases that you use are repeated by your lil ones. I was very pleased with this one, as he shared it when he brought her a toy.


1 comment:

Kim Moldofsky said...

Very sweet. You'll be so glad you recorded these.forma