Proud Mama of Lil Lady

Proud Mama of Lil Lady
Proud of my preemie peanut

Proud Mama of Lil Man

Proud Mama of Lil Man
Love my lil man

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Winter Boots in 80 Degrees


Loving that we've actually had Spring this year! It typically goes straight from winter to summer. This past week, temps rose to the 80s!! (Which is a slice of heaven if you ask me!!)

Last Friday, my hubby and I decided to take a day off - just us adults. Both kids went to school and we did what any adventure seeking parents with the day off (Bueller...Bueller) would do... we slept!!

As neither of my kids like to sleep (which is crazy to me as sleeping was one of my favorite hobbies!) we took the day to sleep, get things done around the house, pay special attention to our eldest child (yes, the attention starved doxie dog), and go out for a nice lunch/happy hour.

After our slumberous, delicious snooze (can a nap be delicious?! I guess it can when you so infrequently get to sleep for more than a few hours in a row) - we got ready and hit the Ville.

It was a beautiful day (as lil man would say, "this is beautiful!"). Temps were in the 80s which was great for a March day!!! You could wear anything! (My fav type of days). I wore a dress and sandals. We had a great time enjoying the afternoon - and even stopped to have a bite at Sullivan's - complete with some yummy apps and a glass of vino for him and a glass of Moet for me.

A while later, it was time to get our kiddies! (While I loved our adult day, I was so excited to see my lil ones. I could hardly wait!!) When we got to lil man's school, we followed tradition and stopped by his cubby to pick up his coat, knowing that lil man would be outside on the playground. Upon opening his cubby, we were greeted by an infamous "blue bag." You see, when you get the blue bag, it means that it was a more challenging potty training day.

I picked up the bag - and it was heavy. I turned to hubby and said, "what's little man wearing? Is he naked or barefoot out there?" You see, his shoes were clearly in the bag. Knowing we did not have any back-ups, we ventured out to the playground.

What a fantastic sight! (I'm so kicking myself that I did not take a photo) Here lil man was busy playing, having a fantastic time, in ... his winter boots!!! It was 80 degrees and our lil guy was wearing his winter boots. LOL!!!! It makes me smile just thinking about it.

I don't know if that sight was funnier or seeing him run (in his boots) to greet us was better. It was classic! But, I give it to lil man - he didn't let winter boots in 80 degree weather quash his fun. He was having an absolute blast, as he should be. Just goes to show that boots are always in style - and that you can have fun no matter what you wear!!

No comments: