Proud Mama of Lil Lady

Proud Mama of Lil Lady
Proud of my preemie peanut

Proud Mama of Lil Man

Proud Mama of Lil Man
Love my lil man

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

2008 Best/Worst Lists

As 2008 is coming to a close, I thought it only right to reflect on some of the best/worst lists. However, they are not what you think. I am NOT focused on best/worst dressed, but on new terms, companies, brands, products amd lasting memories.

Let me know what you think and what makes up your best/worst lists of 2008.

"Brands that hit the heights", according to PR Week:
1-Twitter (think this is so right. can't wait to see what's next for 09!)
2-Disney
3-Google
4-Toyota
5-McDonald's

"Terms we NEVER want to hear again," courtesy of PR Week:
1-Maverick
2-Bailout
3-Joe the Pulmber
4-Brangelina
(What phrases irk you?!)

Companies on their social media A-Game: (my personal list)
1-Graco
2-Dell
3-Comcast

"Companies behind the social media curve," according to PR Week:
1-ExxonMobil
2-Target (I'd add Wal-Mart too based on feedback I've received from my twitter followers)
3-FDA
4-Sears
5-J&J (this was included due to the Motrin Mom ad. I have mixed feelings, NOT because I liked the ad, but because I think they are doing some really good things with Babycenter. This would cause me to take them off of this list, but I don't work for PR Week).

"Successfully marketed movies", according to PR Week:
1-Dark Knight
2-Cloverfield
3-Sex & The City
4-High School Musical 3
5-Twilight (I have such a crush on Edward, so this gets my vote. I would have moved it right up the list if it were up to me)

Best Books of the year - according to me:
1-Twilight series (Yes, I got hooked. Plus, the Twilight mania was pretty impressive)
2-One -to-Three Magic (Yes, not one that may be on your list - by I needed some discipline guidance)
3- The Sneaky Chef (Yes, another one of my favs - as it has helped my picky little man to eat a little better)
4-I love you Through and Through (It is still my favorite children's book - any my son's too. A great read or gift for anyone having a baby)

Most memorable new product launches:
1-Healthy Choice Fresh Mixers (OK, I do work for them, but I LOVE them. My entire family, including my little picky eater, loves the Ziti and Marinara. A Must try! But, let me know what you think.)
2-Wii (it's taken over!)
3-Grand Theft Auto IV (not because I like this type of thing, but just couldn't miss it)

Favorite Toddler Toys (my personal list):
1-Thomas the Train (son has the table and many trains. He plays with it for HOURS. So worth the investment)
2-Anything dealing with art - Playdooh, markers, chalk, etc. My fav was the "Parents" easel - which was reversable. One side is a chalkboard, the other is for dry erase markers and even has a handy clip to clip paper on there (if you are lazy like me and don't want to have to deal with dry erasing everything, you can just replace and reuse paper!)
3-Thomas the Train carrying case (I know, another Thomas item - but this is great. It holds the trains - perfect for trips to Grandma's house, and has a built in track - so it is handy and play-ready!)

Worst Toddler Toys (my personal list):
1-Crazy, bizarre McD's Happy Meal toys (they just got wierd this year! strange animals with big heads - the Star Wars ones were the worst!! I thought my son might have nightmares)
THEY TAKE THE CAKE!!

Favorite Toddler Shows (my personal list):
1-Thomas the Train
2-Bob the Builder
3-Fireman Sam
4-ANYTHING on PBS Sprout (Sprout please!!)

No comments: