Proud Mama of Lil Lady

Proud Mama of Lil Lady
Proud of my preemie peanut

Proud Mama of Lil Man

Proud Mama of Lil Man
Love my lil man

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Resolved to have resolutions

OK, if you're anything like me, you might attempt to informally make a resolution (or maybe you just mock them). But, do you really take them serious or stick to them for more than a day, a week? (You're ahead of me if you do stick to them for more than 30 min!)

Well, this year, I am making a go at it again - but I am going to take a slightly different approach, which hopefully will add to my success.

This year, I am making some family resolutions. Some simple ways to enjoy the moment and make each day a little more fun and brighter. (And maybe, just maybe, these will be doable for more than just a day).

Family Resolution 1: Put the crack berry down and turn off the TV. (I know, how will we survive, but we'll find a way!) And spend 5-10 minutes playing all together - reading books, playing with choo-choos, etc.

Family Resolution 2: Read at least one book at bedtime. I don't know about you, but sometimes after a long work day, we tend to rush the bedtime routine or get a little too lax. Instead, read just one book (or one more book - even after dinner if you don't want to disturb the routine).

Family Resolution 3: Get active at least once a week - with the family. Have a dance marathon, play "on your marks, get set, go!" with little man, anything that gets you moving indoors. The energy and calories you'll burn are so worth it.

Family Resolution 4: Create a kudos file! Write down the nice things that the family does and then share them with everyone at the end of the week. I have posted a paper on the fridge and will jot down positives all week long. It's important to acknowledge the positives!

Mom Resolution: (OK, I couldn't help myself and have added one for me.) Be sure to take 15 min each night for myself. That can be to twitter or to write a blog post or just to sit and stare at the ceiling! Anything. Just don't forget that personal time is important for everyone in the family - mommy and daddy too.

What are your family resolutions for 2009?

No comments: