Proud Mama of Lil Lady

Proud Mama of Lil Lady
Proud of my preemie peanut

Proud Mama of Lil Man

Proud Mama of Lil Man
Love my lil man

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Twilight Addict!! Is it wrong to have a crush on Edward?

I was introduced to the Twilight books in October. As a full-time worker and mom of a little guy, I don't have much time to read - well, for myself that is. (If you count "I Love you Through and Through" or "The Very Hungry Catapillar" then I guess I am VERY well read).

A co-worker let me borrow the first book and I started reading it when my husband and I took our anniversary trip to Cabo. (yes, little man was bonding with his Grandparents). Well, when I started reading - I couldn't put the book down. I loved the entire teenage vampire world - and it was the best cotton candy, sinful escape!

When vaca was done, I tried to find every reason to "sneak away" for a minute to keep reading! I'd tell my fam that I needed to go downstairs and get something... or need to go on the computer for a minute. Anytime to sneak away to my secret crush - Edward. Before I knew it, I owned the entire four book set and had finished the last book in the series!

OK, so is it wrong to have a crush on Edward? We've had this debate at work. My defense (and I'm sticking to it) is that Edward is NOT a teenager, but a 110 year old vampire.

And of course, I had to see the movie with my sisters. Yes, another totally guilty pleasure. And while cheesy, it allowed me to extend my time with my favorite characters.

Does anyone else feel the saw way about the Twilight Series or Edward? Anywhere I can go to quench my everlasting thirst for Edward and Twilight?!

1 comment:

Steff Childs said...

twilight addiction is something i can understand. i read the first book by accident... and then i HAD to read them all as quickly as possible. only thing was - the fourth book wasn't out by the time i finished the third book. torture. pure torture. as for the edward crush... i don't know that i have an edward crush or even a jacob crush. i do know that all the books were addictive in some oddly fascinating way that compelled me to ignore just about everything else...

if you want a new escape, i recommend diana gabaldon's series of books. it starts with "outlander." i love the two main characters - claire and jamie - not to mention the story itself.

so far, there are six books and the seventh is supposed to be out fall 2009. i read the first one about six or seven years ago and have re-read the entire series a few times. in fact, i just started re-reading the series again in anticipation of book seven.