Proud Mama of Lil Lady

Proud Mama of Lil Lady
Proud of my preemie peanut

Proud Mama of Lil Man

Proud Mama of Lil Man
Love my lil man

Sunday, January 31, 2010

A Tea Party to Remember!

This week I got a very special invitation. My husband and I were invited to my son's classroom tea party. The invitation was absolutely adorable. A construction paper tea cup and inside a tea bag with the details of the event. (This is why I could never be a teacher. So not creatively wired.)



Lil man talked about it all week - it was very special. We discussed what he would bring to the tea party (cookies of course), what would happen there and the best thing - that both mom and papa would be there!



When I entered the classroom, I scanned the room (glancing by parents and kids galore), and then I spotted him!! He was handing out cups to all of the kids and parents. He ran right up to me and held me tighter than he has in a long time. I was so proud to be there with him and picked him up and hugged him.



We found our seat and he proudly sat in my lap, hugging me. I was so proud to be there and to be with him! Soon, papa walked through the door and I saw my son's joy erupt again. We spent the rest of the afternoon making decorating cookies, sipping ice tea and lemonade and sharing a special moment. One that could only be complimented by going out for chips and salsa afterwards.



I love my lil man!!!!

1 comment:

Kim Moldofsky said...

So sweet. Almost brings tear to me eyes. My 11 year-old threatened the other day that if I was at his school dance as a chaperon, he wouldn't go. I am totally uncool now. Enjoy those hugs!