Proud Mama of Lil Lady

Proud Mama of Lil Lady
Proud of my preemie peanut

Proud Mama of Lil Man

Proud Mama of Lil Man
Love my lil man

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Meeting the Neighbors

OK, so we have lived in our home for a little over a year now. (YEA!) It was quite a journey, or rather a drama, to find a place. It is nice to be semi-settled. (I say semi because will one ever be settled or have the time to settle when working full time, being a mom of a two year-old as well as owning an energetic doxie dog? I think not).

Anyways... we are still in the process of meeting our neighbors. As we moved in near the end of last summer (which was filled with just hanging out, happy to have a home again), then followed by winter when noone goes out, and then spring (which was pretty cold and rainy), followed by (finally) summer when everyone awakes and goes outdoors to ... meet the neighbors.

If you know me, usually I am semi (yes, there's the semi term again) put together. But, today, of course, was not one of those days. We went out (the entire clan) to take a walk and enjoy the beautiful weather (OK - to run some of the energy out of both our boys - baby and dog) and ran into a new neighbor (well, new to us). She looked at us in a funny, telling way. I was wearing my "my weiner rocks" shirt (I got it in NY and it has a cute doxie dog on it), and my son was dressed in a crazy combo of colors (looking like we are very dysfunctional or just color blind). My son had mis-match day at school today and was quite the site. If there would have been an "Ultimate Mis-Match" award, he would have won 1st prize. And then there is my husband. Ususally out of the crew, he is the one is a t-shirt with some holes or in some beat up old shorts. However, today, he looked great and the rest of us looked like odd-ball vagabonds.

Needless to say, I think we made a strong impression on our new neighbor. Always great to meet people when you are at your best!!

No comments: